The Basics of AC Coils
Some HVAC tasks may not make your to-do list. After all, you have a busy routine to complete at your Shelbyville residence. You need the best local HVAC contractor to help you stay ahead.
At Air Support Heating & Cooling, our professional air duct cleaners and technicians ensure you maintain good indoor air quality and energy efficiency with AC coil cleaning in Shelbyville, KY. This maintenance service protects one of the most integral parts of modern comfort: your HVAC system. Discover the benefit of affordable air conditioner coil maintenance below.
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will reach out to you as soon as possible.
How Do Air Conditioner Coils Work?
When your air conditioning unit operates, it removes heat from the air before circulation begins. The condenser coil helps your system process and eliminate the heat it collects. The refrigerant flows through the coils in a gaseous state, releasing the heat it accumulates in the evaporator coil. Once it releases this heat, it condenses and continues collecting heat.
The condenser coil is located on the outdoor unit of your system. Therefore, it collects debris from organic materials like:
- Dead bugs
As these materials build up, the condenser coil works harder to move heat out of the system. We recommend scheduling coil cleaning services at least once each year. Springtime offers the perfect window for technicians to clean the coil and check other maintenance aspects of your HVAC system.
However, we may also suggest coil cleanings twice annually. This suggestion typically depends on the age of your system and how much you use it during spring, summer, and fall. Older systems often need some extra care. Hardworking systems will gather more debris throughout the year.
What Problems Do Dirty Coils Cause?
As a professional coil cleaning company in Shelbyville, KY, we’ve seen firsthand how dirty coils impact residential HVAC systems. You might also notice a few issues, including:
- Significant increases in power bills: As your HVAC coils collect dirt and debris, they struggle to function optimally. This strain forces your HVAC system to work harder and longer to achieve your desired temperature. Your monthly utility bills become more expensive as a result.
- Weakened air output: Do the vents throughout your home have weak air output? A dirty condenser coil could influence your vent network’s output.
- Lukewarm air temperatures: How does the conditioned air feel when it exits your vents? Air that feels warmer than usual might indicate a struggling condenser coil.
- Increased humidity: When refrigerants remove heat from the air, they also eliminate excess moisture. Thick, humid air suggests the coil fails to condition the incoming air adequately.
- Higher repair frequency: Any overworked component typically results in other parts performing at suboptimal levels. As a result, you’ll need consistent access to our fast and effective services in your residence.
- Shortened system lifespan: When your system constantly overworks to achieve your preferred comfort levels, it will fail sooner. Coil cleaning and other maintenance services prolong your system’s lifespan by ensuring optimal performance.
Why Invest in Our Coil Cleaning Services
AC coil cleaning in Shelbyville, KY, benefits your household in various ways:
- It pays for itself by saving you money on utility bills and future avoidable repairs.
- Your indoor air quality and comfort levels will significantly improve.
- You’ll get more service life out of your system.
When you schedule services with our team at Air Support Heating and Cooling, you’ll enjoy added benefits you won’t find elsewhere.
For example, we schedule service on your time, from meetings to working schedules. That means we work with your demanding routine to provide 24/7 safe service. We also offer financing options for various services.
About Shelbyville, KY
Shelbyville, KY, boasts vintage aesthetic charm with numerous hidden gems, such as a smattering of parks and a sprinkling of farms that beckon visitors to participate in seasonal activities. The population of over 17,000 people cherishes the annual Shelbyville Horse Show and other agriculture-centered events that bring the community together. One favorite attraction is the Lettleiki Icelandics—a locally owned and operated business specializing in horse-riding lessons and training sessions.
You can also kick back and relax at one of the nearby wineries, distilleries, and breweries, each serving unique brews you won’t find elsewhere. Shelbyville, KY, is an excellent area to raise a family, enjoy proximity to an agricultural lifestyle, and participate in life’s simple pleasures.
Let Air Support Heating & Cooling’s AC Coil Cleaning in Shelbyville, KY, Improve Your HVAC System
Contact Air Support Heating and Cooling for five-star AC coil cleaning in Shelbyville, KY. Call 502-771-8179 to learn more about our services.